An Innovative Career in Birmingham
Opportunities with Innovative Sight & Sound
Innovative Sight & Sound designs, integrates, and services the most advanced technology systems for smart home automation, home theaters & media rooms, environmental control for lighting, motorized shades and drapery, as well as outdoor lighting solutions, home networking, and security.
Innovative strives to provide internal growth pathways for our team members that are based off their skill sets, time with the company, and desire to move forward. We work to promote from within and give employees career opportunities across multiple divisions and roles.
Innovative locations all feature a unique and intentional culture of support, development, and fun. This ranges from on the job trainings to team building exercises to all team fun outings to celebrate the hard work and dedication of the crew.
Stability & Consistency
Innovative Sight & Sound has been in business for 15 years and has grown to 5 locations and multiple divisions across 4 states. This healthy growth provides stability and consistency in work for our many team members and their families.
Audio Video Technician Role
We are currently looking for an audio video technician to join our growing team. This position requires at least 1+ years in the low voltage field, preferably with residential new construction and retrofit projects.
Technicians engage in installation tasks based upon their proficiency levels. These tasks include rough-in and trim tasks during new construction and renovations including running and terminating cabling, reading plans to land locations, trimming wall plates, installing speakers and networking gear.
Technicians will also install and program security systems, install motorized shades, network configuration, equipment rack trims, and audio/video installations.
We are looking for an experienced audio video technician + programmer with the following attributes:
- Device setups, media rooms, retrofits, a/v racks, pre-wires, and more
- Control4, Lutron programming and networking experience a big plus+
- Able to hang TVs, projectors, and projector screens
- Cut in and install architectural speakers and in-wall touch screens
- Work safely on ladders, scaffolding, and scissors lifts
- Knowledge of low voltage cabling and standards
- Signal flow and troubleshooting skills
- An eagerness to learn and work hard as part of a growing team is required.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently, and be accountable for work quality
- Ability to work well with others, have a customer service-oriented mindset, and strong work ethic.
- We require a clean driving record and background check.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation, basic tools for working with low voltage equipment.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- $15 to $25 per hour commensurate with experience
- Group Health Insurance, subsidized dental and vision plans
- 401k Match
- Paid Time Off
- Company iPhone
Learn More about Innovative Sight & Sound
Innovative Sight & Sound is the premier technology integrator in the Southeast that specializes in the integration of high end residential and commercial automation systems with locations in Atlanta, GA – Birmingham, AL – Charleston, SC – Destin, FL and Tampa, FL.
Our work includes the design and installation of theaters, whole home audio systems, security, managed networks, automation systems, as well as low voltage pre-wiring for construction.